Script: Hansel and Gretel

Once upon a time there was a happy Family.

There were 4 members: The father, a stepmother and two children.

The father said:

Father: Oh! we haven’t enough money to feed four people.

And then the stepmother replied:

Stepmother: so we have to get rid of the children

Gretel: I’m hungry

Hansel: I’m hungry, too.

Said the children

Stepmother: Tomorrow we are going to the forest to look for wood and we can leave the children in the middle of the dark forest.

Father: Oh, good idea! we don’t have enough food.

But the children were very smart.

Hansel: Gretel I need to tell you something.

Gretel: What do you want to tell me?

Hansel: Our parents want to get rid of us!

Gretel: That’s so terrible!

Hansel: I’m scared.

The next day came, and the family went out to the forest as they planned.

Before they left - the family prepared some food.

Father: We only have a loaf of bread. Mother - have a piece, Gretel - this is for you, and Hansel - this is yours; and the last slice is for me.

Stepmother: Thank you!

Hansel: Thank you!

Gretel: Thank you!

The Family departed to the forest.

Then, when at the forest - the stepmother said:

Stepmother: Husband I’m tired. Let’s go back.

Father: But we need wood!!

Stepmother: The children can bring wood

Father: Go bring wood and take it to the house

Hansel: okay

Gretel: okay

So the children continued walking until they collected some wood.

Then, they said.

Hansel: Gretel – I’m scared

Gretel: How will we find our way back home?

Hansel: We need some pieces of bread and we should remember the way.

Gretel: That is a great idea!

Hansel: okay, let’s do that.

So the children started walking and marking the path with pieces of bread.

Once they were ready with the rest of the wood, they started walking their way back.

Gretel: That was a bad idea because the bread has disappeared.

Hansel: Oh no what a terrible situation! We need to get home.

Gretel: What should we do now?

Hansel: Let’s go to that house

Hansel and Gretel started walking until they found the house they saw from far away. The house was made out of delicious biscuits, candy, lollipops, cookies….

The Children were happy, and said:

Gretel: Let’s go eat.

Hansel: I’m Hungry too. Let’s eat parts of the house

Gretel: Okay

So the children started eating parts of the house until they were tired and took a nap.

While they were napping there was a sudden noise because the owner of the house came back flying on a broom; and she was a special lady, she was a witch! She asked:

Witch: Who ate the pieces of my house?

And the children replied:

Hansel: I didn’t eat from your house. I think it was the wind.

Gretel: I didn’t. Yes, it was very windy

So the witch said:

Witch: Oh! poor little children come into my house.

The witch fed the children with all the food she had, and the children were so tired that they took another nap.

Next day the children woke up from their long nap and said:

Hansel: Oh, no! I'm in a cage!

Gretel: I have a shackle around my foot!

And the witch said:

Witch: Gretel - go clean the house and bring that chicken for soup

Gretel: I’ll do as much as I can.

Gretel did the routine for the day, and as part of her routine she fed her brother.

Witch: Gretel - go give the food to Hansel so that he can get fat

Gretel: But I want to eat, too!

Witch: No, you can’t eat anything!

Gretel: Here is your food.

Hansel: I’m too hungry. I can’t help you. I’m in the cage.

Some days passed and every day the routine was the same.

One day the witch got tired and angry, and she said:

Witch: Gretel - go prepare the oven.

And Gretel said:

Gretel: I think that she’s very bad and she will cook us.

That was Gretel’s thought.

After some time Gretel got very smart and did something smart, too.

Gretel: I don’t know how to make the fire!

Witch: silly girl, it’s like this!

The witch showed Gretel how to set fire in the oven.

Gretel: You won’t cook my brother because we will cook you.

And Gretel pushed her inside the oven to be cooked.

Then, the children started helping one another.

Gretel asked:

Gretel: Are you okay?

Hansel: Yes, I am

And Gretel freed Hansel from the cage.  And told Hansel:

Gretel: Free me from this shackle

Hansel: I will jump on the shackle. Let’s go!

Gretel: Run faster!

Gretel found a problem with her brother because they started running and Gretel was very fast but her brother wasn’t, so she said:

Gretel: Run faster!

Hansel: I can’t run faster - I’m too fat.

Finally, Gretel had another idea.

Gretel: We can fly on the witch’s broom stick.

Hansel: okay, that’s a good idea!

So the children got on the witch’s broom and flew away and lived a happily ever after life.

THE END 

Comments